Delivery Driver and Store man
Storeman/Delivery Driver required to work in the Garden Centre warehouse checking off incoming deliveries, preparing stock for the shop and delivering customer orders in our Transit van. Applicants must be physically fit and have a friendly outgoing nature. Excellent spoken and written English is essential and a Medium Goods Vehicle and Fork Lift licence would be an advantage but not essential. Quote DRIVER on applications.
TITLE: Delivery Driver & Store man
Reporting To: Warehouse Manager
Job Summary: To pick and load items onto vehicles for delivery to customers. To provide an efficient delivery service for our customers liaising with them on delivery times. Unloading vehicles at customer’s premises and where pre-arranged, assisting with product construction or disposal of old items. To unload and check off goods being delivered to the stores and to put away in correct place once checked.
- To pick stock from various departments to meet individual customer orders collating the stock in the agreed drop locations.
- Loading stock from the drop locations to the vehicles and getting the items/paperwork checked by the Stores Supervisor prior to departing.
- Liaising with the Stores Supervisor regarding use of drivers mate for 2 person deliveries.
- To manage the drop off route planning to ensure maximum efficiency.
- To deliver items to customers contacting them in advance when required to arrange access to premises.
- Unloading goods at customer’s premises and unpacking / constructing items as agreed with the Customer Services Manager.
- To remove and dump old products as agreed with the Customer Services Manager.
- To complete all delivery paperwork including times of drops / breaks etc
- To return to site by the agreed time and confirm with the Stores Supervisor that all deliveries had been made or if any have been held over and customers informed.
- To ensure daily vehicle checks are carried out.
- To ensure vehicles are kept clean and shiny at all times reporting any faults immediately to the Stores Supervisor.
- To be well presented, smart and clean at all times and deal with customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- To unload vehicles delivering stock to site.
- To check paperwork and only sign if fully checked.
- To scan in stock using hand held scanners and complete in-house paperwork.
- To put stock away in agreed locations with areas supervisors.
- To assemble BBQ’s, furniture and other items to meet customer orders.
- To assist in stock taking.
- To assist with general site maintenance.
- To assist in other departments with tasks within the employees abilities.