We have an immediate vacancy for a polite and friendly till operator to join our shop team. Applicants must have excellent spoken and written English and be outgoing and confident when speaking to customers . This is a full time permanent position based on a 37.5 hour week over 5 days in a great out of town location with ample free parking. E-mail your CV with covering letter to email@example.com Quoting TILLS in the subject line
TITLE: Till Operator
Department: Main Shop
Reporting To: Information Desk Team Leader
Job Summary: To process customer purchases through the tills in a fast efficient and friendly manner. To follow all agreed payment handling procedures and ensure that customers have managed to find everything they were looking for. To order, replenish and manage the stocks of sweets and ice-creams. To work with the rest of the Team in making sure the shop is always clean and presented to the highest standards. To assist in checking off deliveries in the stores when required.
- To process customer purchases through the tills accurately and efficiently.
- To follow all required payment handling procedures.
- To deal with customer returns within agreed guidelines.
- To process orders and payments on customer accounts.
- To arrange delivery of customer orders where required.
- To assist customers in packing items to take away.
- To help customers with taking goods to their car.
- To be able to cover the Information desk.
- To assist customers in selecting the right products for their needs.
- To actively promote items identified by the Department Manager as being on offer or that have an upsell or cross sell opportunity.
- To be aware of any items around the tills that may go off sale during the day and arrange for extra stock from the Stores Dept. to replenish the shelves.
- To ensure all stock is neatly displayed, bringing stock to the front of the display area as required.
- Assisting with checking of and putting out additional or new stock delivered by the Stores Dept.
- To ensure that all shelf labelling and signage is accurate requesting additional labels or signs as required.
- To ensure the area is kept swept, tidy and free of rubbish and obstacles at all times.
- To build up an excellent knowledge of the products sold by the company to enable a strong sales performance.
- To assist in the stores department with checking in stock when busy.
- To assist in stock taking all areas of the Garden Centre.
- To assist in other departments with tasks within the employees abilities.