We have a great opportunity for an experience Sous Chef to join our Kitchen Team. The successful applicant will have a number of years’ experience working as a chef in a busy kitchen and will take pride in ensuring that the food they prepare is of the highest standard. They will be able to work at speed in a high pressure environment and motivate other members of the team to achieve a successful service. This is a full time permanent position based on a 47.5 hour week over 5 days with straight day time shifts, in a great out of town location with ample free parking. E-mail your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Quoting SOUS in the subject line
TITLE: Sous Chef
Reporting To: Head Chef
Job Summary: To manage the preparation of food to order that ensures maximum customer satisfaction and compliance with Food Hygiene regulations. To ensure their assigned area of the kitchen runs smoothly and efficiently and is maintained to the highest standards of cleanliness with all necessary preparation being done prior to service. To provide cover for the Head Chef in his absence.
- To ensure all mise-en-place is ready prior to service.
- To be fully conversant with all agreed recipes.
- To prepare food to fulfil customer orders ensuring they match the agreed standards of production, presentation and portion size.
- Ensure that all food leaving the kitchen corresponds to the agreed presentation & Content Standards
- To ensure food is prepared in the correct sequence and is ready to be served within the times specified to meet the agreed service level standards.
- To assist the Head Chef in the production of new menu’s and new dishes and to provide costing’s for these.
- To maintain a high level of communication with the other Chefs and Kitchen staff to ensure the smooth running of the kitchen.
- To set an excellent example to the other members of the kitchen team and motivate them to work at the required pace and to achieve the standards required.
- Work closely, and communicate with the front of house staff to ensure a smooth operation at all times.
- To fully investigate the reasons for any food returned from the restaurant or any reported customer dissatisfaction with the food and report this and recommended improvements to the management.
- To ensure that wastage and stock loss is kept to the absolute minimum including an adherence to stock rotation policies.
- To ensure that all deliveries are counted / weighed and checked against the delivery documents, reporting any anomalies to the Head Chef.
- To carry out bi-weekly stock counts at the direction of the management.
- To complete the daily wastage record with explanations, for presentation to the management.
- To carry out the daily replenishment ordering of stock under the guidance of the Head Chef.
- Ensure that all food storage and labelling meets the agreed company and statutory requirements.
Hygiene, Health & Safety
- To ensure HACCP hygiene and safety regulations are adhered too at all times.
- To report and where possible, take action on incidents, accidents and damages.
- To report any faulty or damaged equipment immediately to the Head Chef.
- To ensure that all reasonable care is taken for the health and safety of yourself and others in the kitchen.
- To ensure you are familiar with the location of all fire fighting equipment and understand how use it.
- To undertake training as a First Aider by arrangement with the management.
- To adhere to a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming at all times.
- To report to duty on time and in a clean uniform.
- To cover the duties of the Head Chef in his absence.
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks assigned by the Director.