Pets Department - Sales Assistant
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Pets & Aquatics Sales Team assisting our Customers with purchasing everything from Pet Food and Bedding to Fish Tanks and Snakes. Knowledge of animals or pet products would be an advantage but not essential as full training will be given by our Sales Supervisor.
This is a full time permanent position based on a 37.5 hour week over 5 days in a great out of town location with ample free parking.
Ideally applicants will have previous Sales and Customer Service experience and be friendly, outgoing and enjoy working with animals and the public as well as being physically fit as the position will involve putting away stock and being on your feet all day. Excellent spoken & written English are essential.
E-mail your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Quoting PETS in the subject line.
TITLE: Sales Assistant
Department: Pet Department
Reporting To: Pets Department Supervisor
Job Summary: To help guide customers in purchasing the best food and accessories for their pet ensuring they are aware of all current promotions and all possible add-on products. To responsibly guide customers in the purchase of a pet ensuring they understand the care required to maintain its welfare. To assist the rest of the Pets Team in making sure the Pet Department is fully stocked and well presented at all times.
Non Live Stock
- To assist customers in selecting the right products for their needs.
- To provide customers with information on and the benefits of all our range of products.
- To actively promote items identified by the Department Manager as being on offer or that have an upsell or cross sell opportunity.
- To be aware of any items that may go off sale during the day and arrange for extra stock from the Stores Dept. to replenish the shelves.
- To ensure all stock is neatly displayed, bringing stock to the front of the display area as required.
- Assisting with putting out additional or new stock delivered by the Stores Dept.
- To ensure that all shelf labelling is accurate requesting additional labels as required.
- To place a “temporarily out of stock” card in front of the stock label when out of stock and remove once new stock is received.
- To ensure the department is kept swept, tidy and free of rubbish and obstacles at all times.
- To responsibly advise customers on their potential purchase of a pet ensuring they understand the creature’s welfare needs and that they have purchased all equipment and feed necessary to look after it correctly.
- To fill in the appropriate documentation associated with the sale of a live creature.
- To carry out creature husbandry tasks in relation to feeding, watering and cleaning the livestock.
- To assist in stock taking both in the Pet Department and other areas.
- To assist in other departments with tasks within the employees abilities.
- To operate a till within the cashier areas when required.