Shop Sales Assistant
Exciting opportunity to join our Shop Team helping our Customers with their product selections. This is a full time permanent position based on a 37.5 hour week over 5 days in a great out of town location with ample free parking. Ideally applicants will have previous Sales and Customer Service experience and be friendly, outgoing and enjoy working with the public as well as being physically fit as the position will involve putting away stock and being on your feet all day. Excellent spoken & written English are essential. E-mail your CV with covering letter to email@example.com Quoting SALES in the subject line.
TITLE: Shop Sales Assistant
Department: Main Shop
Reporting To: Shop Supervisor
Job Summary: To assist customers in their purchasing requirements in all areas of the main Garden Centre Shop and ensuring they are aware of all current promotions and all possible add-on products. To work with the rest of the Team in making sure the shop is always clean and presented to the highest standards. To ensure all areas of the shop are always fully stocked and to assist in checking off deliveries in the stores when required.
- To assist customers in selecting the right products for their needs.
- To provide customers with information on and the benefits of all our range of products.
- To actively promote items identified by the Department Supervisor or Buyers as being on offer or that have an upsell or cross sell opportunity.
- To be aware of any items that may go off sale during the day and arrange for extra stock from the Stores Dept. to replenish the shelves.
- To ensure all stock is neatly displayed, bringing stock to the front of the display area as required.
- Assisting with putting out additional or new stock coming from the Stores Dept.
- To ensure that all shelf labelling is accurate producing additional labels as required.
- To place a “temporarily out of stock” card in front of the stock label when out of stock and remove once new stock is received.
- To ensure the department is kept swept, tidy and free of rubbish and obstacles at all times.
- To build up an excellent knowledge of the products sold by the company to enable a strong sales performance.
Supervisor & Till Cover
- To deputise for area supervisors during their absence controlling the day to day running of the area.
- To be able to fully operate a cashier station in a confident and friendly manner.
- To assist customers in packing items to take away.
- To help customers with taking goods to their car.
- To assist in the stores department with checking in stock when busy.
- To assist in stock taking all areas of the Garden Centre.
- To assist in other departments with tasks within the employees abilities.