Plant Area Sales Assistant
Exciting opportunity for someone with a background in plants or a keen and experienced gardener to join our Plant Area Team, helping our Customers with their plant and garden product selections. This is a full time permanent position based on a 37.5 hour week over 5 days in a great out of town location with ample free parking. Applicants will have a good knowledge of Plants and Gardening and ideally previous Sales and Customer Service experience. They must be friendly, outgoing and enjoy working with the public as well as being physically fit as the position is based outside and will involve the care of plants of all shapes and sizes, putting away stock and being on your feet all day. Excellent spoken & written English are essential. E-mail your CV with covering letter to email@example.com Quoting PLANTS in the subject line.
TITLE: Sales Assistant
Department: Plant Area
Reporting To: Plant Area Supervisor
Job Summary: To assist customers in their purchasing requirements for plants, pots, other garden accessories and garden buildings ensuring they are aware of all current promotions and all possible add-on products. To work with the rest of the Team in making sure the plant stock is correctly watered and maintained to the highest standards and to ensure the plant & landscape area is always kept tidy and well presented. To replenish stock, assist in checking off arriving deliveries and carrying out stock takes where required.
- To assist and engage with customers in selecting the right plant or products for their specific requirements.
- To provide customers with information on and the benefits of all our range of plants and products.
- To ensure all customer enquires that require follow up are logged correctly on our Customer enquiry log.
- To ensure any items requiring construction or delivery are processed correctly with the till staff and that the relevant stock is placed in the delivery bays.
- To ensure the live plants in the delivery bays are maintained and watered properly.
- To actively promote items identified by the Department Supervisor or Buyers as being on offer or that have an upsell or cross sell opportunity.
- To build up an excellent knowledge of the products sold by the company to enable a strong sales performance.
- To ensure all stock is neatly displayed, bringing stock to the front of the display area as required.
- Assisting with putting out additional or new stock coming from suppliers.
- To ensure that all labelling is accurate, producing additional labels as required.
- To ensure the whole plant area is kept swept, tidy and free of rubbish and obstacles at all times.
- To care and tend to plants and their surrounding area as directed by the Supervisor and Manager including watering, dead heading, pruning and general weeding.
- To assist with customer deliveries if required.
- To assist in the checking off of any stock arriving at the Garden Centre.
- To assist in stock taking all areas of the Garden Centre.
- To assist in other departments with tasks within the employees abilities.