Information Desk Supervisor
We have an exciting opportunity for the right person to lead our Information Desk and Tills Team assisting our Customers with enquires and managing deliveries of items purchased.
This is a full time permanent position based on a 37.5 hour week over 5 days. Applicants will have previous customer service experience and will either have previously held a Supervisory or Team Leader position or feel they are ready to take the next step on their career by moving into a Supervisory role. They will be friendly, outgoing and enjoy working with the public as well as having good organisational skills and be confident with computerised systems. Excellent spoken & written English are essential.
As well as being based in a great out of town location with ample free parking we also offer staff discount on our full range of products, a uniform and free enrolment into our healthcare scheme. E-mail your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Quoting INFO in the subject line.
TITLE: Information Desk Supervisor
Department: Main Shop
Reporting To: The Retail Manager
Job Summary: To manage the Information Desk providing assistance for customers and staff and answering the phone in a prompt and efficient manner. To be the primary point of contact for customer enquiries, advising customers of the status of special orders and taking payments. To manage the delivery and construction schedules for customer orders. To carry out basic admin tasks to assist in the smooth running of the shop and to processes customer purchases through the tills in a fast efficient and friendly manner.
- To process customer account payments, answer account queries and reprint copy receipts. `
- Use the XPOS system to assist with solving customer queries – lost receipts, proof of purchase, product price queries, orders etc.
- Support the Cashiers with any customer problems or queries. Assisting with refunds, customer service, incorrect invoices etc.
- Provide support to the Shop Managers & Supervisors enabling them to concentrate on sales and customer service in their areas.
- Providing support to the shop floor staff, calling customers about orders and enquiries, producing promotional signage and re-pricing goods.
- Handling general enquiries from the public dealing with a range of issues from product enquiries to giving advice on bus times.
- Welcoming suppliers for appointments and contacting the appropriate staff member of their arrival.
- Ensuring the information desk and till areas are kept clean, tidy and presentable at all times.
- Answering incoming telephone calls from customers and suppliers. Answering general queries, dealing with problems and transferring calls to other departments when specialist information is required. Taking gift voucher & compost orders over the phone.
- Using the XPOS system to review ‘dumped’ item reports on a daily basis. Liaising with department heads to locate the product sold & reverse dump the sale to help maintain correct stock levels.
- To be responsible for ordering vouchers, gift cards and envelopes making sure there is a sufficient supply at all times.
- Record Christmas shop floor damages / faulty returns on the Christmas claims spreadsheet. Produce claim forms and provide training to all staff members on the correct procedure to follow. Liaise with the EPOS Team on any issues relating to claims.
- Rotate charity collection tins on till points. Arrange for them to be collected when full.
- Report any product price discrepancies presented at the till to the relevant Supervisors and EPOS Administrators for amendment
- Ensure new employees receive sufficient training. Complete ‘New starter induction and target’ documentation. Review and report progress to the Retail Manager.
- Review till functions and liaise with the EPOS Administrators for updates and improvements.
- Ensure full understanding of Company Emergency Procedures and act as a key member of staff during emergencies.
- To be able to fully operate a cashier station in a confident and friendly manner.
- To assist customers in packing items to take away.
- To help or arrange for customers bulky purchases to be taken to their car.
- Judge customer flow and staff levels, liaise with the managers & supervisors to ensure an adequate number of tills are in operation and to offer Cashiers to other departments to assist them when appropriate.
- Review the work load and staff levels of the till area on a daily basis. During quiet periods work with the managers to organise additional jobs that can be achieved at the till area without compromising customer service.
- Relay Company information to the Cashiers as and when received from the management team to ensure they are kept informed of any announcements.
- Ensure the daily task list are updated and are being carried out by all team members.
- Support Cashiers with any IT issues - credit card machines, printers, till operating systems etc.
- Maintain the area’s rota and break schedule, liaising with Gift & Home Manager to ensure appropriate cashier cover at all times.
- Receive and review Cashier holiday request forms prior to sign off by the Retail Manager. Relay authorised forms back to the team. Updating the Rota as required.
- To liaise with the Warehouse Manager on the availability of drivers and vehicles
- To manage the amount of deliveries being taken for each delivery day to ensure these are achievable closing off deliveries for a particular day as required.
- Report to the Warehouse Manager & Retail Managers when deliveries are full. Judging when to increase / decrease the number of delivery days or recommend 2 drivers during busy periods such as peak summer and Christmas.
- To ensure all customers are aware of the Delivery Guidelines.
- Answer delivery enquiries via telephone. Liaise between customer and driver about delivery times, customer instructions. Deal with customer delivery complaints. Re-arrange for driver to go back to customer address.
- Arrange ‘non value deliveries’- Ransom errands etc.
- Update the Delivery system with all changes to deliveries and requests for constructing products prior to delivery.
- To assist with checking in stock when required.
- To assist in stock taking all areas of the Garden Centre.
- To assist in other departments with tasks within the employees abilities.
Apply for this vacancy
Do you want to respond to this vacancy? Please fill out this form completely and your information will be sent to the garden centre.