Houseplant Sales Assistant - Part Time
Exciting opportunity for someone with a love of houseplants and a creative eye to join our houseplant department. This is a part time permanent position based on a 16 hour week over 4 mornings (Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday) in a great out of town location with ample free parking. Applicants will have a good knowledge of Plants and ideally previous Sales and Customer Service experience. They must be friendly, outgoing and enjoy working with the public as well as being physically fit as the position involves watering, displaying plants and pots and being on your for the whole shift. Excellent spoken & written English are essential. E-mail your CV with covering letter to email@example.com Quoting HOUSEPLANTS in the subject line.
TITLE: Sales Assistant (Part Time)
Reporting To: Houseplant Supervisor
Job Summary: To water and care for our stock of houseplants. To ensure the houseplant area and its stock are well maintained and fantastically displayed. To assist customers in their purchasing requirements for plants, pots and accessories ensuring they are aware of all current promotions and all possible add-on products. To replenish stock, assist in checking off arriving deliveries and carrying out stock takes where required.
- To care and tend to the plants and accessory stock including watering, dead heading, pruning and general cleaning.
- To ensure the department is kept swept, tidy and free of rubbish and obstacles at all times.
- To ensure all stock is neatly displayed, bringing stock to the front of the display area as required.
- Assisting with checking off and putting out additional or new stock coming from suppliers.
- To ensure that all labelling is accurate, producing additional labels as required.
- To assist and engage with customers in selecting the right plant or products for their specific requirements.
- To provide customers with information on and the benefits of all our range of plants and products.
- To ensure all customer enquires that require follow up are logged correctly on our Customer enquiry log.
- To build up an excellent knowledge of the products sold by the company to enable a strong sales performance.
- To gift wrap plants purchased by customers as a gift
- To assist in the checking off of any stock arriving at the Garden Centre.
- To assist in stock taking all areas of the Garden Centre.
- To assist in other departments with tasks within the employees abilities.
Apply for this vacancy
Do you want to respond to this vacancy? Please fill out this form completely and your information will be sent to the garden centre.