We require an experienced Commis Chef or Junior Chef De Partie with drive and enthusiasm to work on the Sandwiches/Salads Section of our busy kitchen preparing meals to the highest standard. Applicants must be able to work at speed, have excellent food preparation skills and a proven track record in working in a busy kitchen. This position offers an attractive salary with straight day-time shifts. Quote COMMIS
TITLE: Commis Chef
Reporting To: Head Chef
Job Summary: To prepare Sandwiches, Salads and other basic recipes to order ensuring maximum customer satisfaction and compliance with Food Safety regulations. To ensure their assigned area of the kitchen runs smoothly and efficiently and is maintained to the highest standards of cleanliness with all necessary preparation being done prior to service. To provide cover for the other Chefs and Kitchen Porters in their absence.
- To ensure all mise-en-place is ready prior to service.
- To be fully conversant with all agreed recipes.
- To prepare food to fulfil customer orders ensuring they match the agreed standards of production, presentation and portion size.
- Ensure that all food leaving the kitchen corresponds to the agreed presentation & Content Standards
- To ensure food is prepared in the correct sequence and is ready to be served within the times specified to meet the agreed service level standards.
- To maintain a high level of communication with the other Chefs and Kitchen staff to ensure the smooth running of the kitchen.
- To set an excellent example to the other members of the kitchen team and motivate them to work at the required pace and to achieve the standards required.
- Work closely, and communicate with the front of house staff to ensure a smooth operation at all times.
- To ensure that wastage and stock loss is kept to the absolute minimum including an adherence to stock rotation policies.
- To ensure that all deliveries are counted / weighed and checked against the delivery documents, reporting any anomalies to the Head Chef/Sous Chef.
- To carry out bi-weekly stock counts at the direction of the management.
- To complete the daily wastage record with explanations, for presentation to the management.
- Ensure that all food storage and labelling meets the agreed company and statutory requirements.
Hygiene, Health & Safety
- To ensure hygiene and safety regulations are adhered too at all times.
- To report any faulty or damaged equipment immediately to the Head Chef/Sous Chef.
- To ensure that all reasonable care is taken for the health and safety of yourself and others in the kitchen.
- To ensure you are familiar with the location of all fire fighting equipment and understand how use it.
- To adhere to a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming at all times.
- To report to duty on time and in a clean uniform.
- To cover the duties of other member of the Kitchen Team at the direction of the Head Chef.
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks assigned by the Head Chef, Sous Chef or Director.