Great opportunity to join our warehouse and delivery team checking off incoming goods, preparing stock for the shop and helping with customer deliveries. Previous experience is not essential but candidates must be physically fit, have excellent numeracy skills, be able to read and speak English and be able to work as part of a team. This is a full time permanent position based on a 37.5 hour week over 5 days in a great out of town location with ample free parking. E-mail your CV with covering letter to email@example.com Quoting STORES in the subject line or use the form below.
Reporting To: Stores Supervisor
Job Summary: To accurately check off arriving goods ensuring that they can be receipted into the stock system. To record shortages and damages and follow up on these as required. To pick stock from the stores for deliveries and shop floor requirements and to assist in replenishing the shop floor. To keep the stores and general premises neat and tidy at all times and to assist with deliveries and carpark control.
- To unload vehicles delivering stock to site.
- To check paperwork and only sign if fully checked.
- To scan in stock using hand held scanners and complete in-house paperwork.
- To identify shortages and damages on deliveries and raise the relevant claims paperwork.
- To put stock away in agreed locations with areas supervisors.
- To pick stock batches for various departments and load into trolleys for shop floor staff to put out.
- When require to assist with replenishment on the shop floor.
- To ensure that the various stores of stock and fittings are always kept neat and well-ordered and swept regularly.
- To count stock during stock checks as required.
- To build stock items such as furniture and BBQ for shop floor use or customer deliveries.
- To manage the booking in and out of “plant trolleys”
- To pick stock from various departments to meet individual customer orders collating the stock in the agreed drop locations.
- Loading stock from the drop locations to the vehicles and getting the items/paperwork checked by the Stores Supervisor prior to departing.
- To assist as drivers mate on deliveries or to make deliveries as required.
- In conjunction with the delivery driver ensure vehicles and forklifts are kept clean and shiny at all times reporting any faults immediately to the Stores Supervisor.
- To be well presented, smart and clean at all times and deal with customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- To assist with carpark management duties.
- To assist with general site maintenance.
- To assist in other departments with tasks within the employees abilities.
Apply for this vacancy
Do you want to respond to this vacancy? Please fill out this form completely and your information will be sent to the garden centre.